Today martial artists practice a wide array of physical exercises for self-protection against physical attack. Some may even refine their mental processes and perceptions through standard forms of meditation or practice chi kung exercises to develop the chi energies. But why stop there? There are also exercises for developing the chakras and the aura. Since these concepts are discussed at length in the literature, we won’t explain them here. However, suffice it to say that the aura is the electromagnetic energy force field that surrounds each one of us. (The theory is actually more complex than this but this is better left for advanced study.)
follow us on Twitter
Aura parameters such as colors, size, shape, evenness, and uniformity change dynamically over time in response to the total environment. It is affected by such factors as daily stress, psychological bombardment, other people’s intentions and desires toward us, jealousy, induced fear, threats, hatred, and noise which can cause the aura to shrink or create wear and tear on the aura. There are exercises that help develop the ability to “see” auras but these will not be covered here.
Your energy can be drained in any of a number of ways. Sometimes other people can drain your energy leaving you tired. This could happen unintentionally by certain individuals. You may have had the experience of interacting with certain people who left you with that drained feeling. There are many exercises for developing energy, retaining energy, refining energy, and transmuting energy from lower to higher levels. Our concern here is protecting our energy by strengthening the auric field.
Our immune system offers internal physical protection from disease but our aura is our first line of defense. Obviously, the best defense is to avoid being in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people. In order to develop such perfect timing, we need to be in harmony with the rhythms of nature (or to be one with the [frequencies and cycles of the energy] universe). You do not have to be a martial artist to do the exercise below. It does not matter what art you practice or what beliefs you subscribe to. It can be performed alone or as a supplement to your daily training regimen.
You may even come under direct psychic attack by occult forces and regular practice of the exercise given here will act as a preventive measure. If you’re already under psychic attack, you may have to consult someone knowledgeable in these areas for advice.
Those who practice the given exercise report increased self-confidence, health, energy, respect, and courage. It is known to sharply reduce nightmares during sleep. The resulting strong aura has even protected practitioners from physical violence and accidents. Practice may even lead to spiritual advancement. The exercise is not intended to make you a superhuman wizard with magical powers so you should not come away with such an expectation. We are merely developing existing abilities, much the same as any martial art. No special equipment is required.
This is one of those closely guarded secrets some masters have reserved for their favorite pupils but it is being publicized here because we believe it benefits everyone. The exercise is a form of passive psychic self-defense and involves active meditation using visualization. It is easy to do and should be done two or three times a day, at least in the early morning and before going to bed at night. The exercise takes only a few minutes as a minimum but can be done as long as desired. The exercise is quite safe and can be done as many times during the day as desired. With practice, the visualization is more easily performed and can be called upon in an emergency when needed. Each step of this exercise serves an important function and should not be omitted.
Tower of Light Meditation
1. Stand erect, feet shoulder-width, arms at your sides, breathing evenly and deeply.
2. Progressively relax your entire body starting from the top of your head working slowly down to the bottoms of your feet.
3. Mentally visualize that you are surrounded by a long ellipsoid of intense, bright blue light that extends 9 inches outwardly from every point on the surface of your body.
4. Continue to maintain this image and visualize a globe of brilliant white light above (but not touching) your head. The globe is inside of your bright blue aura.
5. Concentrate on this bright white globe so that it becomes brighter, glowing white like burning magnesium.
6. Keep both images of the bright blue aura and the brilliant white globe and mentally aspire to the highest standards of morality, good, and love that you can.
7. Next, feel the white globe showering you with glittering white light filled with silver sparkles. This white light should permeate your entire being, coursing vibrantly through you.
8. The outer shell of your aura should be an intense bright blue filled with the vibrant, sparkling white light. Concentrate on this complete image as long as you can, fully believing in its reality. Feel your outer auric shell as a hard, sharply defined blue as you feel blissful and alert.
9. As you close, let the image fade slowly while believing that it is not fading from reality.